Is there any link between thyroidism and fibromyalgia and/or chronic fatigue syndrome?

Interesting question. Hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome all share similar symptoms, such as fatigue, depression and muscle pain. I would say many patients with uncontrolled hypothyroidism could have the same symptoms as patients with fibromyalgia and cfs. They could coexist. But most patients with fibromyalgia and cfs don't have hypothyroidism.
NO LINK. By 'thyroidism', do you mean 'hypo' or underactive thyroid? If so, a common cause is hashimotos thyroiditis. This is a condition where your body makes antibodies (to +tpo) to your own thyroid--essentially 'knocking it out'. Fibromyalgia has no 'autoimmune' basis as far as scientist know. Chronic fatigue syndome may be caused by an virus (ebv) but that is in debate.
Perhaps. For all we do know, I think in some ways we are still in the dark ages of medicine. There is still so much we don't know and that we have yet to find out. I personally think there is a link. Genetic predisposition, environmental toxicity, etc all combine to cause ill health. I think the same things that cause fibro can also cause thyroid problems.
Possibly. Fibromyalgia is a multifactorial consequence of hormonal, immune system and nervous system dysfunction resulting from genetic predispositions and dietary and environmental insults. These factors impact your immune system and can lead to pain and inflammation and decreased ability to create ATP causing fatigue.
No. Agree. Hypothyroidism can co-exist with cfs or fibromyalgia but there is no link between them. Always rule out hypothyroidism first before considering the other two diagnoses.
Maybe. The last two are not diseases! Fibromyalgia is diagnosed by having tender points on certain parts of your body. Cfs is still unclear, patient complains of chronic fatigue and a bunch of other symptoms and we can now name it cfs. They're both disorders with multi-variable symptoms. Due to the fact they're not diseases, simply a bunch of symptoms therefore no direct link can be made.
Thyroid. Hashimoto's thyroiditis is the most common cause of hypothyroidism. 6 times more in females than males. It's autoimmune, like rheumatoid arthritis. Etc. The antibodies that attack the thyroid can be stimulated by many factors: chemicals, radiation, hormones- especially in women around menarche, pregnancy and menopause. Fibromyalgia is more common in women, possibly autoimmune. Be sure of dx.