What's the best sleeping position for a 64 year old male who suffers from chronic, but mild lower-back disc pain?

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: As a 47 year old
...With chronic back pain, I have found it very helpful to sleep on my side with one pillow between my knees.
I find it helps maintain by spines natural curvature. You can also try a "body pillow), which is a longer pillow designed to help people who like to sleep on their sides.

In brief: As a 47 year old
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Back pain
There is no right or wrong answer -- find a position of comfort and try to stick with that -- an adjustable mattress may be of some help.

In brief: Back pain
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Peter Kurzweil