4 days late for my periid I had unprotected sex a week ago could I be pregnant we really want a baby could my mind be delaying my period or not?

Garrett Caldwell

In brief: Either

It is possible that your period is late, but is it just as possible that you are pregnant.
A home pregnancy test can tell you but may not be accurate until about 2 weeks after conception.

In brief: Either

Garrett Caldwell
Garrett Caldwell
Answer assisted by Garrett Caldwell, Medical Student

In brief: Pregnant?

As you stated you have unprotected sex a week ago, 3 days before you was expecting you period.
, at that days is supposed to be 'safe', but wait for 10 days more, and if not , you can do a pregnancy test at home or go with dr.

In brief: Pregnant?

Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia

In brief: Only exposure ???

Unprotected sex a week ago is not going to have time for conception & implantation that would stop your period.
It takes time for these events to happen. If this was your only exposure, it didn't do it. If you have had other exposures during the past month, you may be pregnant. Do a HPT on a morning urine & see.

In brief: Only exposure ???

Dr. Adam Levy