I am having a hard time diciplining my 3yr old when she is having a temper-tantrum, not listening or being rude to me & others. I've tried everything?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology
In brief: Temper tantrum
Here are some ideas to try.
1) time out 2) remove your child from the scene and discuss why he or she is upset 3) take away favorite toy-- child earns it back with good behavior 4) reward method-- good behavior earns something (not food) 5) teach child ways to deal with stress besides temper tantrum (coloring, writing, favorite book, running outside, etc). Good luck.

In brief: Temper tantrum
Here are some ideas to try.
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Glen Elliott
Parents who have "tried everything" often have tried lots of things but not consistently with enough time for them to work. There are highly effective interventions, but they take time to retrain the parent and the child. Books sometimes are not enough; you may need to seek out a behavior specialist to work with you. Look up Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PICT) as one well-studied approach.
Dr. Natalie Hodge
In brief: Positive Rewards
Start a behavior chart at home.
I like the ones that have the little magnets and you can customize the days of the week. Pick the behaviors you want like the " no whining" magnet "no tantrums" or "be respectful" magnet with perhaps another one or two "chores" . Three behaviors are good for age three. Then she gets a + magnet for each day of the week that she does well.

In brief: Positive Rewards
Start a behavior chart at home.
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Tantrums in kids
Check out this book on kindle: parenting the kids according to a child psychiatrist.
Good luck.

In brief: Tantrums in kids
Good luck.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: Don't let her engage
You in an argument, ever. While you're both calm, tell her what behaviors you want ; the consequences for not doing so.
When she tests you, "walk, don't talk" her to time-out as many times as she gets out + 1, then set the timer for 3 minutes. Ignore all protests during the "escalation" period that precedes "extinction" of any behavior. Read "little people" by dr. Ed christopherson (on amazon).

In brief: Don't let her engage
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Tantrums
Good luck.

In brief: Tantrums
Good luck.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Behavior probs
I suggest you read: parenting the kids according to a child psychiatrist.
It's on kindle for $5.95 and will tell you exactly what to do with this and many other issues you will face with your child.

In brief: Behavior probs
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham