I lost my voice, what should I do to get it back and what should I avoid doing? I heard wispering is bad and makes it worse, is that true?

Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Laryngitis
If you have lost your voice, the best treatment is voice rest -- avoid talking and whispering as best you can -- you can try tea with honey and otc Guaifenesin as well, but symptoms may last 3-5 days.

In brief: Laryngitis
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Voice loss
Your voice loss may be due to a problem with the vocal cords or inflammation in the larynx, possibly due acid reflux, upper respiratory infections, allergies, smoking, inhalation of irritants, or overuse of your voice.
Try not to talk too much unless you really need to and avoid whispering. Whispering can strain the vocal cords more than speaking does.

In brief: Voice loss
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Ronda Alexander
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Rest is best
Voice problems are comon and very important.
Most of us can't work or play withuo ta good voice. Whispering puts even more stress on your voice so it's a 'no-no'. Most injureies come from overuse so rest your voice if you are able. Consider seeing a voice specialist (laryngologist) at an ENT office if rest doesn't make it completely better or the problem lasts more than 2 weeks. Get well.

In brief: Rest is best
Dr. Ronda Alexander
Dr. Ronda Alexander
Dr. Arnon Rubin