Got my calcium results today(9.8).Is it high?And pth is 37.Previous results were 10.4 and 10.7 and pth 47.Im asking for a primary hyperparathyroidism

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Normal PTH&Calcium

Your Calcium is normal and PTH is within normal range I will suggest you discuss with your Endocrinologist or whosoever ordered the tests what it means for you as you have had mildly elevated Calcium before with normal PTH normal pth level is between 10 and 65 pg/ml And normal Calcium level is 8.
5 to 10.5 It seems you dont have Primary Hyperparathyroidism Talk to yor Doctor

In brief: Normal PTH&Calcium

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Hyperparathyroidism

Your latest lab results are normal for both calcium (c) and parathyroid hormone (pth).
Ask what your serum chloride (cl) and phosphorus (p) is. If your cl/p ratio is > 33 to 1, chances are you have hyperparathyroidism. Other tests that confirm that diagnosis are x-rays of the hand showing reabsorption of bone and a parathyroid ultrasound or a parathyroid nuclear scan. See an endocrinologist.

In brief: Hyperparathyroidism

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Arnon Rubin