How can I ensure my baby won't be given formula in the hospital and cps won't be called?

Dr. Patrick Weix

In brief: No formula

Just ask! most hospitals have breastfeeding initiatives and want to do whatever they can to promote breastfeeding.
Not sure what you have heard, but no one at the hospital is looking to give the baby formula unless you request it. You can also request that a pacifier or "binky" not be given.

In brief: No formula

Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Patrick Weix

In brief: Watch list

If you have an open case with cps in my state & they know you are pregnant you will be on a watch list at area hospitals & notification is automatic.
Asking the staff not to give formula is done with a simple request. Choosing to breast & not formula feed is no reason for a cps referral.

In brief: Watch list

Dr. Cindy Juster