I heard pure coconut oil can help people with dementia. Is there truth to that?

Dr. Eric Wang
Radiology
In brief: Not yet...
There is no scientific study to confirm or refute that coconut oil can help in the fight against dementia.
As scientists and physicians, we must then assume that it is not effective, however i would love to be proven wrong. Having said that, if you have been using coconut oil and feel it is helping you, then that's great. Make sure your doctor knows, so (s)he can keep an eye on cholesterol levels.

In brief: Not yet...
Dr. Eric Wang
Dr. Eric Wang
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
I have found it be effective with my patients. Wishing you'all the best
In brief: There is no evidence
There is no definite evidence that coconut oil can treat alzheimer's disease.
There are many anecdotal reports on the web (usually by people selling coconut oil). See this web page on the alzheimer's association's web site for more info: www.Alz.Org/alzheimers_disease_alternative_treatments.Asp.

In brief: There is no evidence
Dr. Darren Gitelman
Dr. Darren Gitelman
Dr. Eric Weisman