What meds are good for cholestasis of pregnancy? I had it once and don't want to experience it again.

UCDA. Ursodeoxycholic acid (udca) is used in the treatment of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (icp). We don't know exactly how udca works, but we think it improves bile salt loss from the liver into the bile, which reduces serum bile acid, liver enzyme, and bilirubin levels. This reduces itching, and the risk to the fetus/mother, allowing deliver closer to term. Udca is safe to use in pregnancy.
Cholestyramine. Urso (udca) is one medication; another is cholestyramine. To summarize, you should suspect cholestasis of pregnancy when there is intense itching and no corresponding rash on the skin. Lab tests should be ordered to confirm abnormal liver function. Consequences of cholestasis include fetal death, premature labor and postpartum hemorrhage--all requiring close monitoring.