I had veneers placed on 10 teeth in february. Since then I have been suffering with dry mouth, burning tongue, irritated gums. I have deep cracks in my tongue. Could i be allergic to the veneers?

Dr. Randy Nolf
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Meds and lip drape

Your meds may be a significant contributor to dry mouth.
Also it is not inconceivable that your lip drape over your new veneers may have changed making it harder to close your lips. When you relax or sleep your lips may now be slightly parted causing mouth breathing and drying of the tissues. Combined with the side effect of the medications it can become severe.

In brief: Meds and lip drape

Dr. Randy Nolf
Dr. Randy Nolf

In brief: Probably not

Most likely there is another reason for the dry mouth, which will can cause all the other problems you are having.
Do you take medications? Many meds cause dry mouth. The sore gums could be a result if the veneers but it seems you have a dry mouth problem.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Lance Panarello
Dr. Lance Panarello
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Veneer reaction?

If they were porcelain veneers, I have never heard of an allergic reaction to that material.
If they were composite resin bonded veneers, it’s possible. However, i would think it more likely that your upper lips would be red, irritated, and itchy rather than cause a dry mouth or tongue reaction unless you are constantly rubbing it on the veneers. You should speak to md\allergist and dds!

In brief: Veneer reaction?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. David Mcnay
Dentistry

In brief: Superglue?

Here's the question of the hour, do you by chance have an allergy to superglue? If you've ever reacted badly to it or other smelly plastics, then talk to your dentist or doctor about it.
Chances are more likely that the two previous doctors' answers are the case. I hope your mouth feels better soon!

In brief: Superglue?

Dr. David Mcnay
Dr. David Mcnay
Dr. Vicken Poochikian