I want to start taking B12 vitiamin for energy is 500 mg enough 1 tab a day?

Dr. Eric L. Weiss
Travel Medicine
In brief: Maybe
Unless you are known to be vitamin B12 deficient, there is much debate about whether or not you'll get any energy benefit from supplementing b12: there is no good data to support this, however there are many anecdotal stories from those who feel better. That said, 500 micrograms per day should be safe and hopefully help you feel better and more energized!

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Eric L. Weiss
Dr. Eric L. Weiss
Dr. Slade Suchecki
B12 is a water soluble vitamin, what you dont use will be excreted, assuming a normal renal function. Most of my patients are put on and benefit fom 1000 mcg - in some, the vitamin is not absorbed and needs to be given as injection. I would recommend taking it with a low fat meal.
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Too much
If you do not have a vitamin deficiency, taking vitamins can be detrimental, even increase your cancer risk.
A placebo ("sugar pill") is known to boost energy levels in some.

In brief: Too much
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. William Forsythe