I am having my left hip replaced with stryker ceramic on ceramic. I am 43 yrs old. Will it last the rest of my life. ?

Dr. Eric Wang
Radiology
In brief: Possibly
The lifespan of a hip replacement is multifactorial and dependent upon your weight, activity level, and other certain diseases (inflammatory arthritis, etc.
). Ceramic hips are relatively new and expected to last longer than traditional artificial hips, but there is not enough data to substantiate this yet. Assuming you live past 80, it is likely you will wear out this hip and need yet another.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Eric Wang
Dr. Eric Wang
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Life of hip replacem
You doctor can answer this question as the facts are known to him. To many variables and unknowns to give you an answer.

In brief: Life of hip replacem
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. William Forsythe