I had a suspicious mammogram and abnormal cells with pap smear. I amscheduled for further mamo and another pap. The 2 togethter worrisome or coincident?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Mammogram/Pap

They are most likely coincidental.
A suspicious mammogram and abnormal cells in pap are findings on these screening tests, and they don't confirm the presence of cancer. But rarely certain types of breast cancer can metastasize to the uterine cervix. You definitely do need to follow up and find out what these findings really are.

In brief: Mammogram/Pap

They are most likely coincidental.
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Coincidental,but F/U

These two results are probably unrelated but both are potentially serious problems that need to be followed up.
Be sure both procedures are repeated as planned.

In brief: Coincidental,but F/U

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham