Is Xanax (alprazolam) bad for you?

Benzodiazepine. Xanax (alprazolam) is a benzodiazepine that has a fairly short half-life. This can increase the risk of addiction to the medication. There are other benzodiazepines with longer half-lives. I like those better, if I have to use a benzodiazepine with a patient. There are risks with this medication that includes addiction , dependence, some have some constipation, over-sedation, and respiratory suppression.
Xanax. Some people can become psychologically and physically dependent on xanax. Withdrawal after being on high doses for a long period can be dangerous.