I've been spitting up these weird mucus balls. They are semi-hard and usually come from my nose to my mouth. Taking zicam/airborne for the 1st time.?

Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Mucus Balls

These mucus balls are most likely thickened, dry mucus coming from your nose, down the back of your nose into your mouth.
This time of the year, when our furnace is running, the air we breathe is very dry. Trying using saline nasal spray, like neilmed or simply saline, 4 - 6 times / day to moisten your mucus. Long, hot showers and a mist humidifier would also help. Not better? Go see your doctor.

In brief: Mucus Balls

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Sinus infection?

Over the counter zinc-based cold remedies will not cause the symptoms that you describe.
I sounds like your sinuses are producing your symptoms. You should have them evaluated by you doctor or and ENT specialist.

In brief: Sinus infection?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Umesh Patel