Can a general dentist do the job of a periodontist. In wich cases is not recommended?

In brief: ????

In dental school we are taugh all phases of dentistry.
However my philosophy is not to be super dentist let the specialist those who have gone on after dental school to specialize in the various aspects of dentistry. A dentist should find his passion and follow that.

In brief: ????

Dr. Richard Charmoy
Dr. Richard Charmoy
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: General Pediodontist

Many general dentists also provide most of the services of a periodontist, depending upon where you live.
Call your dentist, and ask him or her about your concern.

In brief: General Pediodontist

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Ari Pontikas
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Team work

A general dentist and a periodontist should work together to provide comprehensive care for patients.
Periodontal disease is usually first detected by a general dentist during their initial exam. Depending on the degree and extent of disease the general dentist may start initial therapy or refer immediately to the periodontist for consultation if the disease is moderate to advanced.

In brief: Team work

Dr. Ari Pontikas
Dr. Ari Pontikas
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dentistry

Any dentist can perform any dental procedure.
I choose to do what I am comfortable with. I refer when i don't. There are some dentists who are very comfortable doing periodontal surgery and are very competant. This is a trust issue on your part. You need to trust the situation.

Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Andrea Brand