I take 15 to 20 tramadal a day, should I be concerned with the quantity consumed?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Tramadol 50mg - should not take more than 6pills per day.
Need to reevaluate you med regiment, review you case, reexamine. Treating chronic pain is challenging . Do not stop it suddenly, it needs to be tappered to avoid withdrawals.

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Chris Hawley
In brief: Tramadol
That is too much tramadol! the maximum should be two 50 milligram pills every 4 hours, or 12 in a day.
I would talk to your doctor and work together to find a safer pain relief plan.

In brief: Tramadol
Dr. Chris Hawley
Dr. Chris Hawley
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Too many
The recommended dosage is 8 tablets of 50mg each in a 24 hours.
..You are doing more than double...Seek some help and figure why you are using so many.

In brief: Too many
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: 8 per day
The suggested maximum is 8 per day or 400 mg.

In brief: 8 per day
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: 400 mg limit
I think even 12 is too much.
I would limit it to 8 per day maximum. (400 mg).

In brief: 400 mg limit
I think even 12 is too much.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Karl Spector
Addiction Medicine
In brief: YES!
No matter what anyone may tell you, tramadol (ultram) can absolutely be addictive! if you are taking 15 to 20 a day, i guarantee your use has gotten beyond your control, mostly to avoid the withdrawal symptoms.
The max dose by the manufacturer is 400mg total a day (increased risks of seizure >400mg). At 50mg each, you have obviously gone beyond this. Please notify your doctor to get help asap!

In brief: YES!
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Sharon Bass
In brief: Yes!
As with all pain medications, it is very important to take them as directed.
While tramadol contains no acetaminophen, the most serious side effect with exceeding the directed amount is seizures. The maximum dose of tramadol is two 50 milligram tablets every 6 hours. The maximum total of pills is 8 in 24 hours. If the maximum dose is not effective, please see your doctor.

In brief: Yes!
Dr. Sharon Bass
Dr. Sharon Bass
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Max 8 per day
Way to much daily intake.

In brief: Max 8 per day
Way to much daily intake.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Vikram Patel