I have acute bronchitis and I am nine weeks pregnant. Is it safe to start a zpak ?

Dr. Katharine Garnier
You are wise to ask what you can take during pregnancy, there are some things you shouldn't, especially in the early stages.
The zpak is absolutely safe for you, but be careful about over the counter cold remedies, decongestants, mucinex, and many others should not be used at this stage in pregnancy. You can use tylenol, (acetaminophen) and a saline nasal spray, tea and honey and cough drops, but not cough meds.

Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Michael Jones
But only if prescribed by you're doctor. Also, almost all bronchitis is viral and will not benefit from antibiotics.

Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Adam Smith