Will my eye floaters go away?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Not likely
Eye floaters r little pieces of solidified fluid that the eye globe is filled with (vitreous fluid).
When they form, they float around and you will only be aware of them when they float in front of that part of the retina (optic nerve) that is the focus of light that allows us to see. They generally don't go away, and once u know what they are, may not be too bothersome. C eye doc annually.

In brief: Not likely
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology
In brief: No where to go
Normal floaters inside your eye are tissue, and really have no exit but can certainly move away and out of your vision with time and become less noticeable.
Any new onset or change in floaters requires an urgent eye exam to look for retinal tears.

In brief: No where to go
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Randall Wong
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
Most floaters are not guaranteed to go away.
Three things can happen; they move to a different part of the eye and become less noticeable, they absorb (only if the cause is related to bleeding) or they disappear from view. In general, it has been my experience as a retinal specialist, the floaters stay but become less bothersome.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Randall Wong
Dr. Randall Wong
Dr. Steven Seres