The back of my mouth I believe my right tonsil next to the uvula is swollen and enlarged. It's hard to eat. What can I do for right now as treatment?

Mike Moore

In brief: See a doctor...

It is hard to say without knowing more or being able to see you.
There really isn't that much you can do on your own....It sounds like you may have a peritonsillar abscess....If it is hard to eat or swallow you really should be seen by a doctor without delay.

In brief: See a doctor...

Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Ludwig angina

If uvula is shifted, tonsils are swollen, floor of mouth (under tongue ) is elevated, are drooling, have goofy voice, cannot swallow, have to strech neck to breath the you better go to er now (cannot be alone).

In brief: Ludwig angina

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Ludwig angina

If uvula is shifted, floor of mouth (under tongue) is elevated, tonsilar pillar swollen, your are drooling, hard/cannot swallow, have goofy voice , have to strech neck to get air then you need to call 911.

In brief: Ludwig angina

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Vicken Poochikian