Can I take one Xanax (alprazolam) and one Ambien together?

Xanax (alprazolam) and ambien. If you go by textbookks and fda, it is a risky mixture because both medications can cause a negative additive effect in sedation. It is for this reason that medical judgement that includes your genetic metabolism, the dosage, illnesses such as asthma, concurrent medications such as pain killer will decide if the combination will help.
Yes. But probably not necessary--ambien should put u 2 sleep.
Combo. As both medications are sedating, I would avoid using them in combination -- you need to isolate why you are not sleeping -- if anxiety driven, Xanax (alprazolam) may be more effective. If you have primary insomnia, Ambien may be more effective. Do not combine.