Should an n95 mask block nebulized medication particles? [specifically tobramycin neb via lc star- yes, pulmonology question]

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: N95 mask
I don't know the answer. But an important advise, make sure the n95 mask is fit for you size.
There a method to get measured, otherwise you may not be protected.

In brief: N95 mask
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Jeremy Proctor
In brief: It should
Particles from that particular nebulizer are typically about 3.
1 microns, which are very small and considered "highly penetrating." a properly fit n95 mask should block at least 95% of particles that size (usually more - but there is some variation between brands). So, while that nebulizer does deliver a small particle size to get meds to the lungs, an n95 should protect others from exposure.

In brief: It should
Dr. Jeremy Proctor
Dr. Jeremy Proctor
Dr. Cindy Juster