Im 40 weeks and wanted to know if back pains was a sign of early labor ?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: 40 week

40 weeks is not early labor.
Early labor is giving birth before 37 week. 40 weeks is to the point where your doctor should consider induction. Your doctor needs to start talking about induction if you do not deliver by 41 weeks . Going beyond 42 weeks is not desirable. Make sure you see your OB every week, or more frequent.

In brief: 40 week

40 weeks is not early labor.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
David Miller

In brief: They can be

At 40 weeks, you can definitely be going into labor.
Back pain can be a sign of labor beginning to start. You should definitely have your bags packed and be ready to head to the hospital at this point. It is a very exciting time. I recommend coomunication with your physician regarding those symptoms. Wishing you'all the best.

In brief: They can be

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham