If i've previously had shingles, can I give it to my baby?

Dr. Pamela Lindor

In brief: No

But...If you have active shingles with open lesions, and your baby has not been vaccinated for chickenpox, you could give your baby chicenpox! the chicken pox (varicella) vaccine can not be given until at least 12 months of age.
Having previous shingles, if there are no active lesions, is not a risk to your baby.

In brief: No

Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: If your baby has not

received both doses of Varicella vaccine, he can get Chickenpox from exposure to the Varicella Zoster virus of Shingles.
The 1st vaccine dose is given between 12-15 months, the 2nd between 4-6 years. However, the 2nd dose can be given under age 4 if at least 3 months have elapsed since the 1st dose. If you have recurrent Shingles, discuss with your pediatrician.

In brief: If your baby has not

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke