Is it normal to feel the dental implant in your jawbone? Pinching sensation too. Doesn't have abutment or crown yet, put in a month ago.

Dr. Lawrence Kessler
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Dental implant

There has to be a reason you are feeling something go back to the doctor who placed the implant to evaluate the problem it can be too close to a nerve or the gum may be irritated around it.
An x ray may tell the dentist where the problem is coming from.

In brief: Dental implant

Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: No

Discomfort following surgery is common.
However, if you're having any type of numbness, tingling, or pain that isn't going away, especially if it's been a month already, you should see your implant surgeon immediately. Hopefully, it's not a nerve issue, and the implant can be evaluated. Keep smiling!

In brief: No

Discomfort following surgery is common.
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Perhaps...

I have not had a dental implant myself.
Certainly there is still healing going on. There may well be some sensations. However, i would discuss this with your surgeon's office. They know what patients tell them in what they sense and experience. They may can provide some more individualized feedback to you.

In brief: Perhaps...

I have not had a dental implant myself.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Not normal

That is not normal.
Go back to the dentist who did the implant.

In brief: Not normal

That is not normal.
Dr. Thomas Marxen
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Post ops usually OK

Most implants have no pain or any pinching sensation after they are placed.
They may have a sore sensation after the abutment is placed but not usually after the implant is placed. You may want to go back to the doctor who placed the implant and have them evaluate it. A tight suture could cause that sensation.

In brief: Post ops usually OK

Dr. Adam Smith