I'm on propranolol, synthroid, wellbutrin, Zoloft and vitamin d. If I have the flu with respitory distress would it be ok to take xopenex (levalbuterol) or albuterol?

Dr. Gregory Hines

But if you are having respiratory distress, you should be admitted to a hospital.

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Michael Jones

In brief: Seek care

Respiratory distress should be evaluated regardless of suspected cause.
Xopenex (levalbuterol) would generally be ok with these meds but you could still get some elevation in heart rate and blood pressure.

In brief: Seek care

Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
If you have been prescribed albuterol, I suspect you have had some asthmatic reaction for which use of propranolol can make that worse. Make sure your doctors know all the medications and conditions you have been treated for so that bad combinations of medications are avoided. If the propranolol is for an anxiety problem that prescriber should know if you have asthma problems.
Dr. Eric Weisman