Broke a tooth to the gum line. How will the dentist remove it?

Are you sure? Many teeth broken down to the gum line can be saved. If there is enough tooth structure above the bone level, a root canal, post and core and crown can preserve the tooth. Your dentist should be able to advise correctly!
Surgical extraction. Broken down teeth are removed in a similar fashion as intact teeth with some modifications. Once the area is completely numb with local anesthesia, we can sometimes just elevate the tooth out. On multi-rooted teeth, we often section the tooth and elevate each root separately. Worst case scenario, the gum is reflected away for better access and again elevated out.
See Oral Surgeon. See the specialist - the Oral Surgeon. Often you can have the tooth extracted and an implant placed the same day. See your Prosthodontist for examination and options to replace the tooth which will be extracted -- before having it extracted. That way you have a plan for restoring it before you have it taken out. Good Luck.
Surgically. Typically following anesthesia, the gums is laid back and bone is removed around the tooth. Once the dentist has access to the tooth, he or she should be able to remove the remaining tooth. Expect stitches with this type of tooth removal. Before extracting the tooth consider a root canal to keep the tooth. Discuss both options with your dentist.
Same as any tooth. Whether it is full tooth or partial your dentist will use anesthesia to numb you. He will use various instruments to remove what ever remains of the tooth.
With experience. Your dentist will anesthetize the area and will extract the tooth using specialized instruments designed for broken down teeth.
Surgical extraction. The dentist will give you a local anesthetic to numb the area where the tooth will be removed. If the tooth that needs to be removed is still under the gum or has broken off at the gum line, a surgical extraction is warranted. Good luck.
Implant discussion. The dentist is qualified to remove your tooth, more important, how are you going to restore the area? Prior to the extraction, discuss with the dentist, what you want to do to replace the tooth. If warranted, a bone graft may be placed when the tooth is atraumatically extracted for a future implant.