Is there anything I can give my 16 month old to soothe a horrible cough? She can't sleep and humidifiers seem to make it worse.

Dr. Brian Novick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not sure

I certainly sympathize with your problem..
.Does she also have a fever? Any rash? Has she had anything like this in the past? Unfortunately it sounds like you need to have her examined by your pediatrician...Other than being sure she is drinking plenty of fluid ..I can't recommend anything else. Please call her dr.

In brief: Not sure

Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Harris Cohen

In brief: Cough

I agree with previous doctor -- your 16 month old needs to be examined by a doctor -- while waiting for an appointment, you could consider using honey to help soothe the cough (not recommended under the age of 12 months), as no otc meds are recommended in a child this young.

In brief: Cough

Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham