Why does my baby start to cry when I close my baby's diaper tabs?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Likes Being naked
It is important to make sure the diaper is not too tight or rubbing the inner thighs or along the hips.
Some babies really do not like being clothed and others love it. . If the diapers are not too tight, and no rash issues, and baby quits crying after a little bit, it is most likely (s)he doesn't like being in diapers and will adjust with time.

In brief: Likes Being naked
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Scott Katz
In brief: Too Tight
The most likely cause would be if the diaper is too tight.
Make sure the diaper is closed enough to not leak. Repositioning the tabs to a slightly looser position should take care of the problem.

In brief: Too Tight
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey