I'm 65 years old, with heart disease in family history. What benefit from the high-sensitivity c-reactive protein (hs-crp) test in physical exam?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: CRP test for hearts
Most experts agree that testing for highly sensitive CRP does not add much to the traditional assessment of cardiac risk factors.
The main factors to pay attention to (in addition) to the family history are exercise, diet, blood pressure, cholesterol, daily aspirin, not smoking, relaxation, maintaining weight. The value for CRP has been for low risk patients with relatively low cholesterol.

In brief: CRP test for hearts
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
This is very good, very sensible advice. As a pathologist / lab specialist, I often remind people, "Look at and treat the person, not the number."
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Inflammation marker
CRP measures inflammation esp inside vessels - atherogenic marker - important to bring CRP and glucose level to normal.

In brief: Inflammation marker
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Marsha Davis