Are there any long term adverse effects of lantus (insulin glargine) tx?

Adverse effects. Short term: low blood sugar or weight gain if used improperly. Fda had investigated the possible long term cancer risk and recommended no change in Lantus (insulin glargine) labeling at this time due to weak evidence.
No. None known after many years on the market. Some concerns about a weak and possibly indirect risk for some forms on cancer. The jury has not come back from break on that one yet...
Yes. Possible long term adverse effects with Lantus (insulin glargine) include weight gain, leg edema, and lipodystrophy at the injection site (loss or gain of fat tissue). Hypoglycemia can happen short or long term. The possible association with cancer such as breast cancer in observation studies is still debated.