I've heard you can tell things about where fat accumulates. I'm 20 y/o male and my fat only accumulates on my stomach and thighs, what does this mean?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Also...

If you have any other concerns (small testicles, long legs, narrow shoulders, maybe some language/verbal issues).
..And the fat is very obviously on your hips...May have to consider klinefelter's syndrome. About 1 in 500-700 boys are born with klinefelter's (extra x chromosome), but most are never diagnosed. If u have the above- consider discussing with ur dr.

In brief: Also...

Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Apple vs pear

It has been recognized that some people tend to put the bulk of their excess weight in their abdomen ("apple") while others tend to put it on their thighs and butt ("pear").
This is genetically determined. The apple pattern is assoc. More strongly with developing heart disease than the pear pattern. Normal body weight is by far the healthiest pattern of all!

In brief: Apple vs pear

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. PHILLIP KIM

In brief: Metabolic

Truncal obesity can lead to health issues including metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
Better to eat healthy, exercise, and curb excess weight.

In brief: Metabolic

Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. Bennett Werner
I agree with Dr. Kim. For further details, please see my answer "apple vs pear".
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology