Chlamydia can cause sore throat symptoms?

Yes. The chlamydia germ that usually infects the genitals can also infect the throat, if a person manages to transfer the germs from somebody else's genitals (or throat). The germ is bigger than a virus and smaller than a bacteria, and it needs antibiotics for treatment. So, a person with a sore throat and a negative strep throat test should be sure to tell his doctor about any oral-genital habits.
Chlamydia sorethroat. Chlamydia doesn't often cause a sore throat but it certainly can. It is usually transmitted by oral sex. If you have a sore throat lasting more than a week you should see your doctor. Treatment will be by antibiotics. Many chlamydia infections have no symptoms.