Can wisdom teeth coming through cause a really foul smell and taste in your mouth?

Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
Impacted wisdom teeth that are partially visible in the mouth are a prime area for food and bacteria to harbor and can be a definite cause for a foul taste and smell.

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Alan Atlas
Dentistry - Cosmetic
If bacteria and food particles are accumulating around that area then the bacterial by-products of their metabolism will contribute to the poor odor and taste.

Dr. Alan Atlas
Dr. Alan Atlas
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: YES
When wisdom teeth are impacted and 'just breaking through the gums' they can get infected and cause halitosis (bad mouth odor).
It actually happened to me. My oral surgeon removed all four of mine @ 45 years old with resolution of symtoms.

In brief: YES
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Jonathan Jassey