Pediatrician says my 18mo needs tubes. This scares me. Are there any other options? Anything holistic or homeopathic profilactic?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Nope
Although tubes are not the perfect preventative tool and one option is to continue to treat each infection seperately, there are no holistic or homepathic remedies that even remotely help prevent ear infections, despite contrary claims.

In brief: Nope
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Martin Raff
There is some disagreement about the necessity for the placement of drainage tubes, but the best person to assess this is your pediatrician. Stay away from homeopathic remedies if you love your child.
Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: See an ENT
Myringotomy tubes are placed to allow any fluid or pus from the middle ear to drain out the tube and out the ear canal.
They are done to allow your child to be able to hear properly. If your child cannot hear properly, they cannot talk properly, and that is why your pediatrician is recommending it. See an ENT and they can discuss options.

In brief: See an ENT
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Shontae Buffington