What is the best kind of omega 3 suppliment is best? Fish oil? Flax? Does it matter which fish it's from? What should you look for?

Dr. Victor Kopyev
In brief: Fish oil
Look for highest concentration of dha epa.

In brief: Fish oil
Dr. Victor Kopyev
Dr. Victor Kopyev
Dr. Pamela Pappas
If you're taking it primarily because of depression or bipolar disorder, EPA needs to be 2:1 DHA, at least 2-3 grams total fish oil per day.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Fish oil
One should choose a fish oil supplement wisely as some brands are much better than others- make sure it's been purified to remove toxins ; is in the "true triglyceride" form. My favorites are nordic naturals and omegavail by designs for health.
See http://bit.Ly/1bxibwc for an interesting article but also check out the lengthy discussion to see how your simple question can have a complex answer!

In brief: Fish oil
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Fish oil
My favorite is flaxseed oil.

In brief: Fish oil
My favorite is flaxseed oil.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Michael Rothman
In brief: Flax
Krill oil and fish oil are the new snake oil, both are high in omega 3 fatty acids which are extremely fragile.
Omega 3 fish oils reduce triglycerides by impairing the liver's ablility to make them. However the oxidative stress caused by fish oil actually raises LDL cholesterol. Some day we may use the phrase "this is just more fish /krill oil" or "here comes the fish/krill oil salesman" flax ok.

In brief: Flax
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Steven Seres