Should I use a different detergent if my baby keeps getting rashes on her leg?

In brief: Usually won't matter
Recurrent rashes on the arms and legs of babies are often eczema, which appears as reddened, rough, dry skin areas.
On severe eczema areas, the skin will get tiny cracks that ooze moisture. Changing the laundry detergent usually doesn't make a difference in the rash, but parents can try using no detergent for 2-3 weeks and see if the rash resolves (just wash the laundry with hot or warm water).

In brief: Usually won't matter
Dr. Scott Katz
In brief: Probably Not
If your laundry detergent is irritating to your baby, they would most likely show the rash wherever the clothing washed in that detergent comes in contact with their skin.

In brief: Probably Not
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz