Swollen side of tongue?

Bite, allergy, infect, Perhaps you bit it and it got swollen; perhaps allergy to something you ate, or a medicine (prescribed or otc); or a small break in the tongue mucous membrane and infection set in; may be an entity called glossitis, an inflammation without clear cause. Usually it is self-limited problem, and nonspecific rx, warm saline gargles, antihistamine helps. If persists, dentist, oral surgeon, or ENT doc.
Get it looked at. How long has it been there? Does it hurt? Itch? Bleed? Are you a smoker? Do you chew tobacco? Let your family doctor check it out.