If I get to many CT scans are x rays. Will I get cancer eventually? And MRI s use magnets so they are fine right? And all with the contrast.

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology
In brief: Yes & no
Yes, ct scans use radiation so the risk of cancer does increase with repeat exposure.
Mri scans do not have this risk. However, you cannot susbtitute one for the other and they both are useful to assess different things.

In brief: Yes & no
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
In brief: Life is more complex
One person cannot know if he will be the unlucky one to get cancer from the ct's.
He may never get cancer despite many ct's, he may get cancer unrelated to the ct's, or he may be unlucky and get cancer from the ct's. So, one must live life in a relaxed manner, and not worry about all the possible things that can happen to unlucky people. Get a ct, mri, or any test only when absolutely necessary!

In brief: Life is more complex
Dr. Marsha Davis