I couldn't find my car the other day. Could this be due to my pregnancy or is it a sign of alzheimer's'?

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology
In brief: Losing the car
Forgetting where you left your car is not a sign of any illness.
No cause is needed. This kind of thing is normal. You have no need for concern. Alzheimers is especially unlikely considering your age.

In brief: Losing the car
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Maureen Nash
Psychiatry - Geriatric
In brief: Not Alzheimer's
Lots of possible explanations but not alzheimer's disease in a 30 year old.

In brief: Not Alzheimer's
Dr. Maureen Nash
Dr. Maureen Nash
Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Common in Pregnancy
Many pregnant women complain of memory loss or feeling distracted.
No one really knows why but theories include sleep deprivation and hormonal changes. Some studies show there is some memory loss in pregnancy and others show there is not. Just write down to do lists and stay organized. There is a great iphone app called "where's my car" maybe you should try it? I love it.

In brief: Common in Pregnancy
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Sheila Goodman
In brief: Pregnancy
Not that it couldn't be alzheimers but it's probably just pregnant brain.
Most of us have serious brain dead moments during pregnancy. Some old OB books used to say that this was due to the mother thinking about her baby. I think there is something about what the hormones of pregnancy do to the brain. Obviously, this information should not be shared with any males!

In brief: Pregnancy
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Shontae Buffington