I am a well-controlled diabetic type 2. What can I do to safely gain wt? I am in serious need of about 15 pounds.

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Type 2 diabetes

The question is unusual because, if you truly need to gain weight, you are not a typical type 2 diabetic patient, the vast majority of whom are overweight.
If you have diabetes with a lean body mass, then your metabolism will be different than the typical type 2 diabetic (like a type 1). You may have less functioning insulin. Consult with a physician who knows you to discuss how to gain weigh.

In brief: Type 2 diabetes

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. William Forsythe