I have sensitivity when I touched my temples and shortly later my jaw was sore but I did nothing to hurt it. What could it be ?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Jaw joint

Sometimes patients have this problem and it's related to TMJ disorder which is inflammation of the jaw joint.
It occurs more frequently in those who grind there teeth (at night). It can cause jaw pain and even ear pain. Anti-inflammatories, warm compress, and avoiding hard foods help. But it can be other things. Be seen asap if you have any vision changes!

In brief: Jaw joint

Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Michael Mirochna

In brief: Neurological

Beth, these symptoms could be a few problems, especially depending on your age.
It could be tmj, temporal arteritis (a serious inflammatory condition involving the blood vessels), or something like trigeminal neuralgia. The last two would be more serious causes, it is certainly possible that you have a cause of this pain that is not serious. It could also be a migraine equivalent potentially.

In brief: Neurological

Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Adam Smith