I have had hives for 4 months i've been to allergist and have no allergies can the hives be from dry skin?

Dr. Joseph Rosin
In brief: Not usually
If allergies are ruled out you have some other reason for urticaria.
I assume your allergist or internist have looked for these systemic diseases. That would leave you in a large percentage of people with idiopathic urticaria. If you are otherwise healthy, as determined by your doctor, this condition may recurr over time. The dry skin is indcidental, but it could be an irritant and trigger attacks.

In brief: Not usually
Dr. Joseph Rosin
Dr. Joseph Rosin
Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Worsened by
Dry skin makes skin itching worse.
Use a good fragrance free moisturizer daily. Winter makes dry skin dryer. So it is especially important in winter.

In brief: Worsened by
Dry skin makes skin itching worse.
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Marsha Davis