I'm worried of breastfeeding if I take ursodiol. Should I undergo gall bladder surgery instead?

Dr. Richard Godt

In brief: Surgery if indicated

Assuming you have gall bladder stones that are giving you trouble, a laparoscopic cholecystectomy can be done by a general surgeon in a day care surgical center.

In brief: Surgery if indicated

Dr. Richard Godt
Dr. Richard Godt
Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Gallbladder disease

If you were started on ursodiol during your pregnancy, it likely was to mitigate risk of serious gallbladder disease during a time when surgery is not recommended, (pregnancy).
Now, if your pregnancy is over and you and baby are healthy, your risk/benefit analysis changes in favor of stopping ursodiol. Gallbladder removal is also okay, lower risk, after delivery. Be well.

In brief: Gallbladder disease

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Shamshad Haroon

In brief: Go for laproscopic

It is not feasible to continue ask for a consult and go for laproscopic sugrry we live in a great advanced surgical world please avail it don't suffer.

In brief: Go for laproscopic

Dr. Shamshad Haroon
Dr. Shamshad Haroon
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery