If I want kids and I have used birthcontrol for five years is it ok to use birthcontrol for another lets say three ?

Dr. John Jarrett
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Depends on your age
Prolonged use of oral contraceptives does not carry with an increased risk of infertility, but advancing age does.

In brief: Depends on your age
Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz
also consider what your cycle was like PRE birth control- if it wasnt regular, you may need time to assess that POST BCP. i have seen healthy, fertile women require more than a few months to resume normal cycles post BCP, but dont stop until you are 100% ok w a pos pregnancy!
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: I'm confused
If you want kids, why would you want to continue taking birth control?

In brief: I'm confused
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Tod Aeby
In brief: Perfectly fine
Taking birth control pills does not have a significant impact on your ability to get pregnant in the future and you become fertile within days after taking your last pill.
On the other hand, it is important to keep in mind that your ability to get pregnant decreases with each year you age. The decline is slight in your 20's but getting pregnant gets much harder in your late 30's and early 40's.

In brief: Perfectly fine
Dr. Tod Aeby
Dr. Tod Aeby
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Absolutely
You don't have to be off pills for a defined peiord of time prior to trying to get pregnant.
We actually use pills to coordinate all of our infertility cycles. It is an amazing medication.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. John Edwards
Birthcontrol pills actually preserve fertility! you should try to have all your children by age 40.

Dr. John Edwards
Dr. John Edwards
Dr. Jonathan Jassey