What kind of exercisesis should I do if I have a broken disc in my lower back and I have asthma so I can't run and im trying to get in shape ?

Dr. Gary Greenly
In brief: Broken disc?
Depends on you actual diagnosis, wether you perhaps have a bulging disc, or a herniated disc, and wether or not the protruding disc material is intruding on any neural structures or your spinal cord.
Discuss your MRI results with your dr. Physical therapy may be an option, and if so you physical therapist besides stretching and strengthening exercises would be able to recommend appropriate cardio.

In brief: Broken disc?
Dr. Gary Greenly
Dr. Gary Greenly
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: See MD
In general, asthma should not be a limiting factor in an exercise program.
The goal of asthma therapy to allow a patient to do whatever they want whenever they want to. If your asthma is stopping you from exercising speak with your md. With regards to your back problems speak with you orthopedists.

In brief: See MD
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Many exercises can still help condition your lower back as well as their antagonist muscles in the abdomen. Try riding a stationary bike, gentle swimming, and walking. Those are all 3 great for your back. Flexibility exercises will help such as Williams Low Back exercises. Look up spineuniverse.com for Williams flexibility exercises.
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Swim, elliptical
Swimming could be a great option for you.
Also, elliptical is low-impact and puts the spine in a neutral or slightly-extended position. Light walking in warmer, more humidified air also an option. Of course, you have to monitor your symptoms and individualize your exercise. If anything causes worsening of your low back pain or asthma symptoms, then discontinue it.

In brief: Swim, elliptical
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Shontae Buffington