I am having a mole removed is it better to go to a plastic surgeon?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Many issues

Where is the mole located? What is the size? What is your insurance coverage and who are the participating physicians? Generally speaking plastic surgeons are trained to accomplish an aesthetic and layered repair but this does not mean that other specialists are not capable of performing comparable results.

In brief: Many issues

Dr. Theda Kontis
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Mole removal

You should see a facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Mole removal

Dr. Otto Placik
Is it on your face?
Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dermatology

In brief: Mole

While plastic surgeons are more than capable of removing moles , a dermatologist has the experience and specialized training to recognize and remove cancerous lesions or for that matter non dangerous/cancerous lesions that do not need unnecessary treatment .
I would consult a dermatologist to get their opinion . If needed a second opinion may be obtained by a plastic surgeon.

In brief: Mole