Is "macafem" a good herb for hormonal imbalance, or what is? My estrogen is low.

Dr. Kristina McCaughtry

In brief: Low estrogen=myth

Your estrogen levels naturally vary by the day of your cycle and your age.
I agree with dr mikhail, the popular press has made a myth out there that there is a balance level for hormones. If you are not on a prescription hormone pill, and not menopausal, your estrogen levels are highest in the first half of your menstrual cycle, getting lower in the later half. That is natural.

In brief: Low estrogen=myth

Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
Dr. Magdy Mikhail

In brief: Grey area

Hormonal imbalance is a vague terminology that's more a lay term than a scientific one.
In general, herbs are disappointing in treating most ailments especially hormonal problems like hot flashes & menopausal symptoms. The best symptomatic treatment is estrogen replacement . It's still had its drawbacks so we usually advise to use hormones for the shortest possible duration post menopause.

In brief: Grey area

Dr. Magdy Mikhail
Dr. Magdy Mikhail
Dr. Adam Levy