If you have periodontal decay with an abscess tooth, is it possible cause for seizures?

Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Hard to say...

Periodontal disease and a tooth abscess have a common factor, in that they both involve a bacterial infection that challenges the host's immune response.
Seizures tend to be a problem with the nervous system. I am not aware that a direct link of oral infection to seizures has been identified. I do believe that good "whole-body" health should include a healthy mouth - seek the care of a dentist.

In brief: Hard to say...

Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Never heard of

As a periodontist for a long time I have never heard that.
However, you need to see a neurologist for the seizures and see a periodontist for the periodontal problems and a dentist for the abscessed tooth..

In brief: Never heard of

Dr. Eric Weisman