What sort of problem is ankylosing spondylitis?

Arthritis/inherited. This is an inflammation of the facets of the spine, the sacroiliac joint and rib facets related to an inherited deficiency of bodily antigen (termed hla b27). Treatment is very helpful and it tends to be episodic. The spondylitis part is when the facts fuse causing stiffness of the spine. You should be under the care of a rheumatologist for this as it is best to avoid the crippling aspects.
Genetic inflammatory. This a condition of spine ligament inflammationthat causes the spine to nemf amd stiffen bent forward usally mem hla positive.
Stiffness & Swelling. Ankylosing spondylitis literally means 'the joining together and inflammation of joints in the spine.' this inflammation is caused by the body's immune system specifically targeting ligaments in the spine and pelvis that are then replaced by new bone, leading to stiffness and pain. For more information, see the spondylitis association of america website, http://www.Spondylitis.Org.